cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Fido Home Internet?

liixinc
I'm a participant level 3

I just got my Fido Home Internet package, and want to start connecting. But i dont have a coax wall sucket in my room, and i dont really know what to do

Any help would truly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @liixinc!

Have you checked the rest of your home for a coaxial outlet? If we were able to activate the service at your address, you should have once somewhere.

liixinc

But it is not my house i just rented a single room of it and i want the modem to be in my room as well. But there is no coax wall sucket in my room, i can just find the ethernet wall plate. It is possible to connect it without using the coax cable but the ethernet cable????? Thanks a lot 

Hello Liixinc,

Welcome to the community!

Unfortuntately, I do not think connecting the modem to via the ethernet wall plate would work. Firstly, the modems are designed to have the input via the coaxial cable. In addition, the signal coming through the ethernet wall plate would not be the same as the signal coming through the coaxial cable. If functional, it would only connect to the existing local area network and not provide a separate signal to create a second local area network (ie your modem).

You would need to connect the modem to a coaxial outlet elsewhere in the house. You would be able to access your modem via Wifi.

Is there existing internet available at the premises? I'm not even sure if a single house can have separate internet accounts. If it is possible, you would have to make sure the frequency channels of each modem do not interfere with one another.

Not what you wanted to hear, but I hope it helps Smiley

Cheers

liixinc

I still have problem with the modem set up process, can fido sent me some technical to do the setting for me?? please 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @liixinc!

What exact type of troubles are you having? Did you follow the set up steps?

Let us know the details and we'll take a closer look! 

liixinc

Because it is not my house i just rented a single room and i want the router to be in my room as well. But my room only has the ethernet wall jact. Can i use that instead of connecting the coax cable?