cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network drops intermittently throughout the day

Abhir
I'm a participant level 2

I have had Fido Home Internet from ~Feb 2020. My internet drops every 15 seconds for 5 seconds for 1-30 minutes and has been doing so for the past two months. This usually occurs 3-5 times a day. Only able to notice it from 8 AM to 10 PM (hours that I'm awake). During the downtimes, the modem lights appear as though there are no issues. Although the downstream LED on the modem has changed from a dark blue to a light blue (not sure if it's my eyes..). Only once during the multiple downtimes, did the modem performed a boot cycle (hasn't done that in now weeks)

Usually, the times are completely random, but yesterday (10-13) it occurred while the Fido Phone Technical CSR were doing their tests and the CSR noted there was packet loss during their tests. Sadly they were not able to confirm what/how the issue came about....

I've been calling the 24-7 technical Fido hotline and they've given me the typical, "run the coax from the modem directly to the outlet", "run the power from the modem directly to the power outlet", "turn on 2.4/5 band steering", "factory reset the modem", "turn off 2.4/5 band steering", "disconnect non-essential network devices from your network". None of these measures seemed to fix my issue and multiple technicians have been booked (see below).

I've had 6 technicians show up, four of which showed up and did their tests and said there are no issues with the line. One technician re-ran the coax from my house to my outlet and another replaced my modem (model: CODA-4582U SW V7.1.1.32).

I'm at a loss at what to do next, was hoping the community could provide any advice...

EDIT: Applies to both wired and wireless (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) devices

EDIT2: The Fido modem was previously set to bridge mode with my Linksys Router had issues and based on recommendations by the Fido Technician, the Linksys Router was removed and the Fido provided modem has been used as a router+modem for the past month.

4 REPLIES 4

frqlkhn
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

This is happening to my internet connection too

Hey @frqlkhn! Welcome to the community. Smiley

Did you reach out to our Home Internet technical support team? You can contact them right here and they will be able to troubleshoot with you. 

On our end, we would need more details about what you have done to try to fix the issue and what is happening in your specific case. Let us know! Smiley

Abhir

EDIT: Applies to both wired and wireless (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) devices

Hello @Abhir,

Welcome to the community! 

We replied to your PM. 

-FidoAnthonyZ