cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to get help to quit Fido!

FA12345
I'm a contributor level 2

Unfortunately after being customer for several years, I decided to move my business elsewhere. However, there seems no easy way to do this. Can anyone chime in how to do this the easy and fastest way?

It's started with I went on a chat and was promised a 50% deal of blackfriday started on the date of our chat, Nov 15th. I received the email confirmation. However the next day, another email came and reversed my deal of 50%. I went on to chat again and the rep told me to not worry about it as it was system generated email. Then my next bill came and charged me a reversel deal fee of $2 and gave me a discount only $10. I went 3rd time for a chat and the guy said the deal can be cancelled up to discretion of back office so I decided to terminate my Fido by Dec 10th. The rep said I would get the email for termination and return label. After a few days not receiving anything, I went on for a chat 4th time! The 4th rep did send the return label but no termination confirmation. I called Fido and due to volume I opted for a call back. After 20 mins, a call from Fido and I picked up. Since the call started I only hear music like when you're on hold. This was on going for several minutes and I hung up. I have $$$ credit on my account and I wanted to make sure Fido didnt cheat on my money on this. They did fraud on that 50% deal and even charge me a reverse deal fee. I filed a complaint to crtc and attached documents and chat histories to support my fraud claim. I hope they will get some fine for doing this. 

6 REPLIES 6

FidoJonathan

Hey @FA12345! It looks like you are currently engaged in a PM conversation with one of our agents. We'll be able to continue reviewing your situation from there.

FA12345

Hi Fido,

Can you stop flooding my inbox? I received a daily message and these people are inquiring the same things with no solution. I'm tired repeating myself. Not to mention each person has a different story to tell me. 

FA12345

Last status, my internet is still connected until today. Why having customer service if the customers are just accessories. 

Proceeding as my complaint has been acknowledged.

Thank you for contacting the Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services (CCTS). The CCTS is an independent agency with a mandate to receive, facilitate the resolution of, and, if necessary, resolve eligible customer complaints relating to certain retail telecommunications and retail residential subscription television services.

We have received your complaint 00000001257148 and hereby advise you that your complaint falls within the scope of our mandate and will be processed in accordance with our Procedural Code.

FA12345

Hi FidoNajat,

I posted in FB before but my post was deleted. Let's see if you can assist me to get a solution. As of today, Dec 14th my internet still runs as opposed to my request to cut off as of Dec 10th. Obviously, chat feature is broken as what were agreed upon on the chat solution is going nowhere. I also wanted to show another concern of mine that I received this notice where I would be charged a fee if equipment isn't return in 30 days. 

"Everything you need to know to return your Fido equipment is included in this email. Please follow the instructions to make sure the equipment is safely sent to us.
If you don't return the equipment within 30 days, an unreturned equipment fee will be added to your account. This fee varies depending on the individual cost of each item."

I plan to return it to a store as I mentioned in my chat but after ensuring the service was cut. I hope this is not a Fido way to rip me as I have credit close to $450 on my account. 

FA12345

I tried chat, phone, and FB as detailed in my posts. Those channels are broken. I didnt get my issue resolved but wasted my time for sure. Give me a solution I asked. Cut my service and return the credits on my account. I already have another company replacing it.   

FidoNajat

Hey @FA12345! We're sorry to read about your experience with our customer service. That's certainly not the kind of experience we want to offer you!
You can contact us through one of our channels and we'll be glad to assist you. Please note that besides the phone and Live Chat, we're also available via PM on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.