cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a url or phone line for network status?

mlmc
I'm a participant level 2

Last night, lost internet access for > 6 hours (more that I had  total with Rogers for the last few years).  The Hitron status->DOCSIS WAN the "Network Access" was "Denied" instead of "Permitted". IP was assigned but with a low DHCP lease time.  After a couple hours,  I tried to call internet support but after typing the account number, I was re-routed to accounting which was closed for the day.

I was able to check that Rogers internet was up in another unit in my condo, so I assume that most likely Fido was doing some work.

Is there a url or phone line for network status or planned outage?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @mlmc!

Welcome to the community :),

Was this resolved or are you still experiencing a loss of connection?

I would suggest reaching out to us to confirm if there's any outage in your area, as we'll be able to take action immediately.

Currently we do offer technical support for home internet 24/7 through live chat. Alternatively, you can also send us a PM/DM on Facebook or Twitter until midnight for any question. You'll find all the details here.

mlmc

Service was available again after the 6 hours.  I have had the internet service for over a week. Connection is okay except for udp and tcp latency issues. I am currently running the modem in gateway mode with another router. Would love to bridge the router but I cannot seem to access it in bridge mode so I am leaving it in gateway mode for now. I also turned off wireless (especially 2.4Ghz) which help reduce latency. 

I don't think live chat worked for me (forgot to mention that) and as I said I tried Internet Support 24/7 but I was redirected to accounting after typing the account number.

I will try the live chat and/or home internet support line again if I need to in the future.

Thanks

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the update on this @mlmc and sharing all that info

Good to hear that it's available again!

Don't hesitate if anything Smiley