cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed is slow under bridge mode

asdf123101
I'm a participant level 2

I got the modem and set it up this week. The speed is fine when I use the modem's own wifi . However, when I turn off the gateway function and connect it directly to my own router via the ethernet port, the speed is exetremly slow, like under 2Mpbs. My router works fine with other modem, so I think there might be a problem with the fido modem (specifically the bridge function) or its etherent port. 

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@asdf123101 Make sure you connect your router to port 1 on the Fido modem.

asdf123101

I have no idea of how to edit the post so I'm just updating the problem here.

I found the speed will also drop under 2 Mpbs when I connect directly to the modem's wifi. It seems like a network provisioning issue.

Hey asdf123101!

Welcome to the Community!

This is definitely strange! Have you reached out to our technical support team about this? What did they say?

Let us know!

asdf123101

Hi,

I have contacted the support team and they told me there was a network issue in my building. I believe they have fixed the problem as I can browser the web normally. However, the maximum speed with the bridge mode turned on is limited around 50 Mbps, still lower than direct connection to the modem, which can be as high as 120Mpbs. I also asked them about this and they told me they have no support for the gateway mode turned on and the ethernet port is capable of gigabyte network.

I suspect there might be some issue with either my router or the modem. I tend to believe my router is choking the speed as it does not support gigabyte network.   

Thanks for the update @asdf123101

We don't support the bridging between routers, I suggest you contact the manufacturer for more support. 

They might be able to see what created the performance decrease.