cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet issues and looking to obtain a replacement modem

helloworld123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I signed up for this plan last week and I received the modem 2 days ago. my experience so far has not been great to say the least and I was nowhere close when it came to hitting the advertised 150mbs so I called Fido and they sent a technician today to check out what is going on and hopefully fix it. Since then, I've seen an increase in speeds but it is still not close to the advertised speed and certain rooms upstairs in my house are still having major problems. for reference, the modem model I was sent is the CGN3U and the modem itself is located in the living room on the main floor. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to exchange my current modem with the CODA-4582U.

3 REPLIES 3

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @helloworld123, welcome to the Community! Smiley

You definitely should be receiving speeds close to the speeds in the package you're paying for and we're sorry that it's not the case. Have you by any chance tried running a speedtest with an Ethernet connection and not over wi-fi to see if the speeds are still decreased?

In terms of any modem swaps or getting this resolved it does have to go through tech support again as they're the only ones that can authorise a modem swap or troubleshoot what's going on. Can you give them a call at 1-888-259-3436 so that they can check things out?

Thanks!

Fixi
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I have chnaged my modem 3 times and still low quality service

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Fixi!

We'd love to help out but we'd need some more information as to what's going one exactly.

Can you provide us some details as to what's going on with your service?