cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops randomly; only fix is power cycling modem

yugo
I'm a participant level 2

Internet keeps dropping, every time more frequently. Router/modem in modem only I'm using my own router. Router keeps on working I have wifi and my devices are connected to my LAN, modem is to blame.

As soon as internet drops the only way to get it back to work is by unplugging from current and plugging again.

I've tried opening a live chat with fido to get a "secure connection failed" page, waited at the phone for 20 minutes and tried chatting through facebook messenger... it feels convoluted to make you drop it, this is the first time I've required technical assistance and it's made me hate fido so much.

5 REPLIES 5

Romankent
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. I just want to know why my wifi stop working?... When i got home 10:36 pm i can still use my wifi after 2-3 hours my wifi stop working and i dont know what to do. I check the coax cable if its connected or not but its 👌. The thing is half of the Icons not blinking or i cant see them light? So what should i do?

Hey @Romankent!

That doesn't sound right and we'd love to help resolve things Smiley

I went ahead and moved your post to this thread as it does deal with a similar topic. Did you try restarting your modem? That seems to do the trick for the original poster!

If that does not work, please reach out to tech support via Live Chat or by phone as @_111_Phil suggested.

Let us know how that goes!

FidoPhilippe

Hi @yugo!

Have you tried to contact Fido home internet technical support at this phone number: 1-888-236-3436?

They're available 24/7. Smiley

Let us know.

yugo

I tried, was on wait for almost half an hour, can't you guys get a call back or something, enough is enough, everyone has better things to do than stay on hold forever.

Also, please review the chat, there was no way to make it work which should be the easiest way of communication. Out of frustration I even tried sending a facebook messenger message to get to a sort of login window.

All of the above was stated on my first post.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @yugo

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley

Can you use the number 1-888-259-3436 to reach them instead please?

Let us know how that goes!