cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection fail

junhaS
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I just received modem and tried every single coax outlet in my house, didnt work.

I don't know what to do and how can I identify which coax outlet is internet outlet? 

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello JunhaS,

Welcome to the community!

Are you able to identify the location where the rest of the utilities enter the house? The main cable source possibly enters the house there as well. If the rest of the house is not connected to the the cable source, that could explain why the rest of the outlets in your house don't work. In theory, as long as all of the outlets are connected, it shouldn't matter to which outlet you connect the modem. However, if those outlets are not connected to the source, none of them would work. Are you using any of the outlets for cable?

If the outlets are connected to the source and those outlets still don't work, you might need to contact technical support. They may need to send a technician to verify the functioning of the outlets and source cable.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @junhaS

Your modem should have come with a coax cable of its own. You can then connect this cable to a coax wall socket (the connector looks like a circle with a dot in it). 

Once you have the cable plugged and the modem connected to a power source, you should be able to use one of your devices to search for available Wi-Fi networks to go through the Easy Connect steps.

You can check out more information on this here. If this still doesn't work for you, I would suggest connecting with our Fido Home Internet Technical Support through our live chat