cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I wonder as soon as I hook the Fido mode, does it mean that I'm using Fido

hjandis
I'm a participant level 2
I wonder as soon as I hook the Fido mode, does it mean that I'm using Fido Internet?
I was using Rogers home internet 300 mbps but ordered a Fido home internet 150 mbps as the price offer was attractive. I got the Fido modem yesterday which looks exactly same as the Rogers one. I hooked them and is working good but I wonder if I'm currently using Rogers internet or Fido Internet as the speed test shows me something around 300 mbps while Fido plan is only 150 mbps. Is there any way to check if the internet I currently use is a Fido service? or Rogers service?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @hjandis

If you are using the Fido Modem, you shouldn't be connecting to the Rogers connection. 

Did you go through the self install and enter the information from the modem in the Fido Easy Connect process? 

hjandis

As soon as I installed the Fido modem, I found a wifi named "Easyconect" with some numbers that was indicated on the back of the modem but the wifi name didn't include "FIDO" as instructed in the Fido Easy Connect process. 

Hey @hjandis! Philippe here.

To help clarify, we use Rogers cable for our internet service, but it's billed by us. So it's not unusual if the equipment is similar, but you will be charged the Fido rates for it.

Hope that helps!