cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I really don't wanna pay for the days I didn't even use Fido internet

usernamechanged
I'm a contributor level 1

I signed up on Dec 2nd. Did not receive modem till Dec 4th. Did not plug in the modem till Dec 6th as my Rogers internet ended on the 6th. Yet I was charged from Dec 2nd for 5 days during which the modem was not even plugged in. Sure it's only a few bucks but still, why should I pay for it when I didn't even use it? 😐

2 REPLIES 2

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey,

Welcome to our Community!

It's important to note that if you got the the modem in store, the billing would've started from the moment it was picked up. If you chose to get it by courier, billing would've started within the next 72 hours once we finalized the order.

I understand you might not have plugged in the modem until December 6th, however billing starts as soon as the service is active and provided. 

Can you let us know how exactly you got your modem, was it in store or by mail?

If you'd like us to revise your account, you can contact us here or we can send you a PM on the Community, let us know. 

usernamechanged

Hi thanks. I understand.

the modem was delivered on the 4th by purolator fyi. I checked again billing shows started on 3rd. I guess 1 day is alright. But I wish billing would start on the date you first authenticate the modem aka first time plugging in. Thanks though.