cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel internet service. On hold forever.

asdf1234asdf123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am trying to cancel my internet service since the promo period is up and my rate is jumping up to double the promo rate. The only method is to phone in, so I have tried 3 times. I have been on hold for 45 minutes, 52 minutes, and 1 hour 22 minutes before having to hang up due to time constraints. I tried following the phone menu to get a customer service rep faster, going through the options to select "signing up for internet" instead of "canceling internet". Lo and behold I was connected in 1 minute 55 seconds, but the customer service rep was magically unable to help me with canceling, informing me that he would transfer me to the correct department before hanging up on me.

I also tried using the online chat after looking up this issue in forums and seeing it listed as an alternative. I have been waiting for over 2 hours to no avail. I understand that this is your "holideal" season and so to expect longer than usual wait times, but A) the massive time disparity between a call to sign up and a call to cancel is very telling of any excuse about "every customer service agent is currently busy", B) having no call-back option is ridiculous in this day-and-age, especially if you are seeing wait times of over 1 hour, and C) calling in over the phone is the ONLY way to cancel service.

At this point in time, if a FIDO customer service agent isn't able to resolve this in this forum, I will record a call to your "buy end" customer service agent, as you specifically say that you record all calls, telling you that I am canceling the service, and issuing a stop-payment to my card for this account. I don't see an alternative.

1 REPLY 1

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @asdf1234asdf123!

We're busier than usual these days with our holiday promotions but we're still there to help and although wait times are high a rep will get back to you as soon as possible! Smiley

What we'll do is send you a PM here on the Community so we can resolve this.

See you there!