Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet review/opinions?

tgidave
I'm a participant level 1

Hey there,

Just curious for those who have tried out Fido home internet! What are your opinions, experiences and reviews. How does it compare to other providers? Speeds? Consistency.. Etc!

Thanks!

***Edited to add Labels***

49 REPLIES 49

Aman28
I'm a participant level 2

One of the worst company sim I got, I will give -10/10, no body helps for anything,I got my phone bill $352 when  asked for help they blame Costco where I got it and Costco people blame Fido,please no body go for it

Hey there @Aman28 and welcome to the Community.

We're sorry to read about your experience and how your expectations weren't set correctly from the start. Can you provide a bit more information about what happened exactly and/or what were you expeting to see on your first bill?

Aman28

Its been 3 years,I was using Fido internet and international minutes too,3 months ago i upgraded my phone and I specifically told the guy that I need international minutes and he told me that my plan is $44 above because its$45 ,I will get 1000 international minutes for 24 months, he did everything and I specifically asked it's done he said yes I can call, we signed the agreement, but I got $50 extra in one bill,$110 in next one, when I called Fido customer care the lady was very rude,you can listen to the recording as well, she didnot tell me what to do next,then I called customer service again next week,that lady was nice ,she agreed to pay me back but said your money will be credited back but the guy who acitvated service will have to contact us,he did, but now they said sorry we cannot give you credit back,you can listen to all the conversation,j am loyal customer from past almost 4 years,I am so disappointed,we all have set budgets with 8 months old baby,I drive 3 time around 110 kilometres just to get my answer ,if I won't get any answer ,then I will switch to virgin mobile,it's so annoying and frustrated no body helped

MikhalaA

I'm with Fido right now. The first month was fine, good price, but lately in the last few weeks we have been having outages and experiencing trouble at least once a day and it's very frustrating. We have to reset the router at least once a day and it takes forever to boot back up. I will be calling customer service as I've already done everything I can do by moving it away from all electronics, keeping the space around it etc. A home internet service that has outages every single day just isn't worth paying for at this point 

aaudet

Not even worth explaining the whole issue as nothing will resolve from it as they literally say "there is nothing we can do" lets just say fido screwed me over with payments due to a technical issue on their side and did NOTHING for me. Once the rest of my year contract is up, im canceling. Absolutely horrible costumer service!

Hey @aaudet

Welcome to the Community. Smiley

I'm sorry to learn that you're not satisfied with the service and that you were disappointed with your experience.

That said, there is no contract for our Home Internet service and you should be able to make changes to it or cancel the account at any time. We of course don't want to see you go, though! 

Please don't hesitate to contact our Tech Support team over the phone or via live chat to exchange your modem and/or get more assistance, if you're having trouble using the service.

I hope you get a resolution very soon!

MalFer123

The home internet service is decent. HOWEVER, the bill gets changed from 45$ to 85$, every month!!!! We call fido every month to get them to change the amount back to 45$. They fix the issue and reassure us that this wont happen again, and yet, the next month rolls around, and our bill is 85$ again. We waste between 1-3hrs every month calling them. I am soo annoyed!! I hope a fido customer support rep will contact us to figure out why this is happening!!! 

Hey @MalFer123 Smiley

Welcome to the Community! 

What you're describing is quite strange, but we can certainly look into it.
Please reach out to customer service through any of the methods listed here and they'll be happy to assist you with that.

anna_l2021

do not, I repeat, DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE!

I am still in utter disbelief at how UNBELIEVABLY HORRIBLE IT IS! We thought this was going to be revolutionary - 45$ a month for wifi?! We were stoked that we could get it in our area. Then we found out why it was so cheap: it is INCREDIBLY unreliable and slow. It just doesn't work! I absolutely hate this service and am cancelling it today. Save yourself the headache and hassle and AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!! 

Username1985

This review is spot on! I thought Rogers was bad, somehow they made Fido even worse. This is Rogers cable internet with a Rogers modem. I have the 150 package and it constantly has issues, incredibly inconsistent! Im trying to watch a raptors game currently and I've got the same message on my sports net app on my tv that there's an issue with the internet and to contact my provider.... this issue has happened 10x already, maybe I'll maybe it through the 4th quarter! 

Save your money, this service is very annoying to deal with and who has the time off day to wait to speak to customer service all the time. 

Cameron99

The worst internet I've ever had. I had Rogers up until a few months ago, not a single issue, but they jacked up the price. Thought I'd try Fido out and it's been nothing but problems. Internet signal drops at least 10 times a day, I'm resetting my modem every day, and it is met with limited success. Fido tech support sent a tech out and he changed connectors outside my house, nothing. They changed my modem and now it's worse than ever. The process to change the modem also left me without internet at all for 2 days, and I spent over 4 hours on the phone between Fido and Rogers. I can't wait to get rid of this awful service. I had to hotspot just to write this review. 

Hey @Cameron99

We're sad to read you're still having trouble with your internet. The best option would be to contact tech support again so they can look into this further with you.

Salameh

Service is BAD

I have been having troubles for 5 days.. everyday internet goes off and never comes back.. I'm canceling next month.. this is just so stupid and a waste of money.

Hey @Salameh

That definitely doesn't sound like the service we aim to provide, and we'd hate to see you leave. Sad

Have you already reached out to our Tech Support about this? 

Badinternet

I am having issue with internet and fido put me hold ... for 30 min.. just because i wanted to cancel the service

Their internet service sucks

Steeve123

I am Facing the same issue since the last 3 days. I have been on the line for over an hour now and no response. This is the worst service I have ever received in my entire life.

Hey @Steeve123

Were you able to speak with tech support? 

Hey @Badinternet

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Were you able to speak with the technical support department before you made the decision to cancel? What exactly is the issue? We might be able to help. 

omak

Disgusting service, I cannot describe to you the lag, the inconsistent connection, the poor signal, and so much more. I switched from start.ca because I would experience a complete service interruption almost once a month and would have a super slow connection at night for some reason. Oh, boy was it a treat with Fido... I've been with them for less than a month and am already cancelling. In fact, I am on the phone right now and have been on hold for 45 mins. Their connection is just like their service. The connection is almost NOWHERE near the speeds that I'm subscribed to (75mbps for $65) and almost never reaches 60mbps in the first place. I have my settings configured properly and often switch between bands and still no avail. I have been a customer with Fido since I came to this country and I can honestly not wait to switch. A money-sucking corporation that can't even give it's customers of 10+ years a discount on WiFi because "there is currently a high demand for our services".

Hello @omak, thank you for sharing your feedback here on the Community.

We definitely don't want to see you go and we do hope that you change your mind and decide to keep your service with us.

We have a technical support available 24 X 7 available to help you with your Fido Home Internet service.

Let's take a look at your account to see what was discussed so far. I'm sending you a PM .

Talk to you soon.