cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home internet Activation Pending

zofic13
I'm a participant level 1

I am sure this is a normal recent problem with the Fido Home Internet Activation.  However, I have almost given up now.  It has been 10 days and I keep getting bounced around between the Technical Support to Customer Service.   Few of the irritating and time wasting issues + items below for your reference: 

- The modem and wiring work in my unit has been completed.   The technicians tried for over 3 hours to get the internet working, and finally gave up and left me with a ticket number (C*******).  I was told by the technicians that the internet should start working latest by July 7th.  If not, I was told to followup with Fido.  

- Since then, I have followed up with multiple indidviudals and have ben provided the same response "Account Pending".  I was finally able to get a represetative to create a technical case and was told that it will take upto two (2) weeks and minimum one (1) week.  

- I received a call yesterday from Fido, following up with the technical case registered last week and was assured that she will get the account registered the same day and the internet would be active by the EOD, July 10th.  Clearly, that didn't work.

- I called in this morning and now I have been told that the technical case was only registered this morning, and will now take another 2 weeks to get the internet working.  At this point, I quered about my options to cancel the account.  The answer I received was that "I will anyhow have to wait for the internet to get activated and then only can I call back to cancel the account".  She advised me to wait for 2 week and try out the service before cancelling the account.  In addition, I was told that my credit has already been pulled so that can't be taken back. 

At this point, please tell me how is this anywhere close to being legally and morally right?  I have to wait for one (1) month to not just be able to maybe use the Fido Internet Service, but have an option to cancel it.  But wait, now I can't even cancel the account because I will under go another credit check with anyother telecom service I choose.  This is very disappointing and possibily legally not allowed. 

I almost forgot the pre-modem installation mess Fido created.  I was told that I received a promo where I do not have to pay fo rthe technician fee + activation.  The day after I signed up for the account, I received the first bill of +$120, which included the activation fees.  I had to go through multiple calls to just have them reseve this and assue me that no activation fee was charged. 

This here is my last cry for some sort of action to get this mess sorted.  

My account number is ******* |  Interation ID:  ******* |  Ticket created by the technician:  *******

** Edited to add labels **

** Edited to remove personal information **

9 REPLIES 9

cirex_peroche
I'm a participant level 2

I've been waiting since September 26 to have my Home Internet be activated but unfortunately no internet connection until today....

its really frustrating on how the Internet connection and support passing me from one support to another, they don't even know what is really happening.

A technician came to our home and told us it will take up to 24-48 hours to get online....

we waited... now its almost a week but NO internet connection yet! 

Hey @cirex_peroche

Sorry to hear it's taking so long! The process is normally super quick and easy, we sometimes run into complications but we work as fast as possible to get your Internet up and running! One day without Internet is painful enough ... I can't even imagine one week! 

Is your connection working now? If not, did you reach out to our Technical support team to get an update? 

cirex_peroche

Unfortunately, NO Internet connection until now...

I've keep following up but no concrete explanation given to me.

When you reached out to technical support was there an explanation or an alternative offered? For example, opening a new account with a different modem? 

Keep the Community posted! 

Yauguste

I am having the same issue it's been almost 2 months now that I've been without internet service. They like to jerk you around and they keep sending you bills even though you have no service.

Hey @Yauguste!

That doesn't sound right at all, setting up home internet should not take that long.

Have you reached out to us regarding this already? If so, what did they say is delaying things?

FidoMegan
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey zofic13

Welcome to the Community! 

That definitely doesn't sound right. I'm sending you a PM and we'll look into that together. Smiley 

Micerce
Hi,

I picked up my modem this afternoon and now my account is pending also. I was told a week from now it should be resolved which is absurd. Any update on your resolution would be much appreciated.

Best,

Hey @Micerce

Thanks for reaching out, sending a PM your way to check this out!