cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet in Quebec

lguti2000
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

when will fido offer unlimited internet service for the house in Quebec?

I see that this service you offer it in the other provinces for what reason do not offer it here

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

FidoMaria
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Iguti200!

As mentioned by @Cawtau, right now we’re focused on offering Fido Internet in Ottawa and parts of Southern Ontario and the service is delivered through the Rogers cable network already established in those areas.

Should we decide to expand our network in the future, we'll keep everyone posted on Fido.ca.

Cheers! Smiley

she14ea
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Please provide internet service in Montreal.  The present provider is too greedy.  I love Fido for 11 years now. Please help us get a reasonable internet deals. 

Hello She14ea,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the community!

Unfortunately, I don't think Fido would ever be able to provide Home Internet services in Montréal. As far as I am aware, Montréal is Vidéotron and Cogeco territories. As mentioned below, Fido would use Rogers' cable infrastructure to provide services. Fido would not be able to offer Home Internet services outside of Rogers' territory.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Iguti2000,

Welcome to the community!

Since Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers, they would use Rogers' cable infrastructure. While there are apparently some select areas of Eastern Quebec where Rogers cable is available (see here), it is not available in the rest of Quebec. I think it's rather unlikely that Fido would provide home internet outside of Rogers' territory.

You should note that while Fido Home Internet is available in some other Provinces, it is only available in Rogers operated territories of those Provinces (see here).

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers