cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet Compatible Modems

Mob7088
I'm a participant level 3

I was going thru the discussions and noticed that Fido home internet uses few different types of modems.

I know Fido home internet package comes with it's own modems. Is there any other modems compatible with Fido's network. How about CODA-4582U?

7 REPLIES 7

Dawcio
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello!

I am planning on getting Fido home internet and had a few questions regarding the modem:

I notice there is a modem rental fee, is it possible to purchase the modem from Fido instead of paying the rental fee?

What modem does Fido use and can I purchase it on my own for internet use?

What other modems are compatible with Fido's home internet? Or what specifications does the modem need to be compatible with Fido's home internet.

Thank you.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @FidoFrancois,

Welcome to the Fido community!

The modem rental fee is already part of the monthly fee so if the internet plan is $75 the modem fee is part of that already.

You are not able to use your own modem , currently the modem Fido uses is the Hitron CODA-4582U.

kumar33

Fido has the worst customer service and its parent company needless to say. They always come up with execuses and blame the customers. I have everything documented how good is their customer service and how good is their testing modems before they send to the customers. What they think is they can shut the mouth of customers by giving credit but they don't understand that reliability and quality of service is more important than money. I am pity for them that the way they think of customers

Hey @kumar33,

That's definitely not what we want to hear. Rest assured we are here to help you find a solution to your issue. 

I see we've replied to your PM. We'll continue with you there! 😃

kumar33

You guys test the before you send to the customers. What a joke you sent me two modems in a row that are good for nothing

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Mob7088,

Did you get the chance to try the bridge mode with your modem? If so, please share with the Community. Smiley 

FidoFrancois
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hi @Mob7088 

It's indeed possible to connect your own Wi-Fi router to the Fido Wi-Fi Modem. Here's a link with more info on the steps to take. Feel free to share with the Community your results with the CODA-4582U if you have it. 

With that said, by renting a modem through Fido we can ensure it stays current. It's important to note that our Fido Wi-Fi Modem, which is a modem and a Wi-Fi router in one, is required to connect to the Fido network. 

The Fido Wi-Fi modem we offer is tested to ensure the best possible performance on our network. This is an ongoing process that we continue to conduct to invest in updates to our network technology for you. Renting our modem also acts as an ongoing warranty since you can always swap your modem for a replacement if an issue ever arises. 

Also, the modem is included in our advertised pricing, so no extra charges with that. On your monthly bill we list the modem rental and internet service fee separately for clarity.

Hope this answers your question. If you have another modem and want to try to use the bridge function, please let the Community know how it goes.