cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going nuts with Hitron CGN3AMF after almost 2 years perfect keeps dropping

Mikeej8
I'm a contributor level 2

😓Going crazy and all here at house...2 years and running like a champ..now..drops all day almost every other hour..this Fido Hitron CGN3AMF seems pretty hot to touch..it has been moved..disconnected likely 20 times...from power,get honking on it and it drops...its maddening!!! Looked around in the settings.the software says 4.5.8.40...is this current???or does it NEED updating..wanting to reset the modem with paper clip but I see you can do that in software when you are in the cusadmin..ready to throw in the air...MJ😫

5 REPLIES 5

FidoKenny

Hello @Mikeej8

This doesn't sound right.

Based on what you explained here, you are now on the software version:  4.5.8.40

The latest version available for the Hitron CGN3AMF is 4.5.8.17. A quick update on your end should do the fix.

Let us know here how it goes on your end.

Mikeej8

Hi Kenny...sorry I was late getting back..and yes thats the software I have now on it when I looked in the settings...can I push that update you mentioned in that setting box?? The one where you go into cusadmin?? Thanks MJ

Hey @Mikeej8

I browsed the Community to find more information about this.

Based on this thread here, it looks like you actually already have the latest version.

There's no update necessary to do on your end.

I suggest to have  a chat with our technical support, I'm sure they can help with all this.

You can easily find the ways to contact them here.

Mikeej8

😀Thanks...ended up changing modem to CGN3U model....

Thanks for keeping us posted @Mikeej8