Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido is not receiving equipment

VitaJohnny
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello All,

Previously, I have cancelled my Home Internet account, hence I had to return the Fido modem by shipping it through Canada Post. I have already dropped the modem at a Canada Post location and received a receipt as the proof of that the parcel is being shipped back in December 2021.

But today I have received an email from Fido stating they haven't received the parcel yet and I will be charged for an unreturned equipment fee. I checked Canada Post's website with the tracking number and Canada Post is stating the delivery progress is still showing return label has been created, and no more updates.

At this point I  am guess it's either the Canada Post location or Canada Post themselve lost the parcel. I believe I need to speak and email a scan of the shipping receipt to a Fido representative to proof my innocent, but I am not sure which communication channel is the best to contact Fido in this scenario. 

Can anyone provide me a number or email address I should contact?

Thanks in advance!

Johnny

3 REPLIES 3

abccbaabc
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi Johnny,

can you please advise if this was resolved ?

I am in exact same situation where I sent the modem to Fido via Canada post on Dec 24 and Canada post is still showing the status of return label created... 
Regards

Anuj

VitaJohnny

Hi Anuj,

In case you have received an email reminding you to avoid late with a tracking number from Fido, I will advise you to first check if the tracking number on your Canada Post receipt matches the tracking number in the reminder email.

When I was scanning through my emails, I have found out the tracking number in the reminder email is differ than the one on the shipping label that I used to ship the equipment. After figuring out there were actually two different tracking numbers, I immediately checked the shipping status of the older tracking number and Canada Post indicates they have indeed received the parcel on the date that I sent out the equipment.

After obtaining the correct status for the shipping, I conntacted Fido via Live Chat and the representative helped me to created a note under my account saying the equipment is shipped with the correct tracking number attached to the note. Hopefully this will prevent Fido charge me for the equipment, but I still don't know how will it turns out as the shipping status is still only showing Canada Post have received parcel and there is no further updates when I checked earlier today.

I hope my experience can help you a little.

Regards,

Johnny

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @VitaJohnny,

Feel free to contact us via these methods and we'll be happy to help.