cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido home internet work time?

Tuna1
I'm a participant level 2

How long does it take for fido home internet to be recognized by devices once installed?

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Tuna1,

Welcome to the Community! Smiley 

There shouldn't really be much of a delay on this. Once you're all hooked up and start the Fido Internet Easy Connect Self-Install process, you should be able to scan for available networks on your device and see one called ``Fido*****-EasyConnect``.

During this set-up you'll be able to select the name and password you want to use for your Wi-Fi networks. You can check out more details about first installing your modem rght from here

I hope this information was helpful! 

Tuna1
Well I left it plugged in overnight and 10+ hours later I still don't have any internet. I'm starting to get pretty frustrated about this. How does Fido know that there's even any service coming through the coaxial line without having a technician come to check if it's even working?

Thanks fro keeping us posted!

Did you follow all the steps in the first Video in the link Pierre sent you? Are all the lights lit up on the modem?

Can you let us know what steps you completed, please?

Tuna1
Only the green lights are on. No blue lights. Just the power button and first house with the up arrow and the 2.4 and 5 are lit up. Isn't there a technician that can call to help?

Of course there is! Check that out here.

Keep us in the loop!