Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Internet in Quebec

melanydelgado
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hey everybody,

When are we going to get home internet in Quebec? Your service is awesome and the internet deals you offer in Ontario are really interesting! I would get it immediatly when it will be available in Quebec!

Have a great day!

Mel

***Edited to add labels***

4 REPLIES 4

mrgroot
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Yes, I second that...if Fido Home Internet was available in Quebec at the rates I am seeing for other provinces, I would sign up IMMEDIATELY. Would love to give my current provider the boot.

Hello,

Unfortunately, I think it's rather unlikely that Fido Home Internet will become available in Quebec. Fido is a subsidiary of Rogers and would offer services in Rogers' serviced areas. As far as I am aware, I do not believe Rogers offers any services (other than Rogers wireless) in Quebec. The two main cable companies in Quebec are Cogeco and Videotron. To be sure, Rogers is not listed as an internet service provider in the province on the CRTC's Service Providers Near Me. I think it's highly unlikely that either of those two companies would allow Fido to provide services in their territories.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

kr6
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
@Cawtau, Great response. Tried giving you a thumbs up, which is well deserved, but the janrain integration with fido.ca has never worked well for me. But that's another story. To add to your response, Fido would require Third Party Internet Access (TPIA) in Quebec in order to offer fix line internet service. This is typically not an area of business that Rogers (the parent company of Fido) gets into. So it is very unlikely that fix line internet service from Fido will be offered in Quebec.

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for the feedback, melanydelgado!

No word on that yet but I'll make sure the right people hear your comments. Smiley

Keep an eye on Fido.ca. If we offer our Home Internet service in Quebec in the future, it will be announced there first.