Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Wifi Modem options

Motley107
I'm a participant level 2

Hello 

I an new to fido and im curious as to what modems people have been given from FIDO. I have the CGN3U modem i beleive ( flat black one). I heard there is a newer one but Fido told me they only have this one.

My Wifi speeds out of this modem are 1/3 of what my supply is. Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

FidoCharles
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Motley107

For these kind of situations with your modem, you can reach out to our Internet Tech Support and they will be able to assist you. 🙂

You can contact them over the phone at: 1-888-236-3436 or on our Live Chat here.

I hope this helps!

Motley107

The info i want is if there is a better moden then the CGN3U.

i have spoken to tech support and they are useless send me the same black CGN3U modem. If there is a newer one (which is white) id like to know as my wifi in my house is terrible. 

Hi @Motley107

CGN3U is the latest that we have right now and I'm sorry to learn that your connection didn't improve once the modem was exchanged. Did you inform our Technical Support team of that? I strongly suggest that you contact them to get additional troubleshooting. 

kjon1111

I have same issue. I used to have white modem for 2 years. solid communication never had probelm at all. they made me cancel my plan cz I had changed my address. have new service now with black modem. wanna kill myself . not good at all. the issue is they dont let us buy the white modem and configure it.

Hey @kjon1111!

The modem you receive does depend on what's available, and it should be working at 100%. Can you please get in touch with tech support at 1-888-259-3436 so that they can troubleshoot this for you?

Thanks!