cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated credit inquiry

caro16
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I just opened the home internet and I understand there may be hard inquiry because of the new services. But I found there are two hard inquiry happened to my credit score from Fido within 2 days, which made my credit score dropped a lot. That duplicated inquiry is absolutely unnecessary, and usually because of the creditor accidentally inquiring twice..I'd like to get that duplicated inquiry removed. I contacted the representative online but when it transfered to the "credit department", nobody replied.

And I will update how Fido handle this man-made error. If anybody is going to create a new service, please pay attention.

9 REPLIES 9

Kulbeer
I'm a contributor level 1

Did you got any resolution?
I see the same issue happening with me - random hard credit inquiry and I didn't even enrol for any new service?

Hey @Kulbeer,

Have you requested any service with us and not necessarily go through with the activation?

Kulbeer

I didn't enrolled/modified any of the services in last 8 months, still there was a hard check on my credit file which is totally unacceptable.

Kulbeer

I didn't requested/enrolled for any new service, also I reached out to Fido customer care over phone and they confirmed it seems like a mistake from Fido's end and  investigation was registered at their end, I was told I will hear back in 24-48 hrs but it's been ~56 hrs now and I haven't heard anything.

Hey @Kulbeer! Philippe here.

I'm sad to read that we didn't get back to you within the 48 hours. Have you gotten word since your last post? If not, you can reach out to our credit operations department via *732 on your Fido phone for assistance with this.

Kulbeer

Even after multiple follow ups, I didn't get any resolution and ultimately raised a complaint with ccts, hopefully it would be acted upon now on priority.

Hey @Kulbeer

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. 

Feel free to contact us here to take a closer look at your account. 

Or live chat with us here to share your concerns. 

Kulbeer

As I said I have already gone through multiple follow ups and explaining same issue many times over call and live chat but no resolution, i would prefer a callback instead of me doing other round of follow up.

FidoStephane

Hey there @caro16 , 

Please reach out to us using these methods and we'll be happy to take a closer look Smiley