Cannot Cancel Account

I'm a Participant Level 1 kow
I'm a Participant Level 1

Cannot Cancel Account

Hi Fido Community,

I called in to cancel Fido internet last Friday and was told that the account cancellation was good to go and I only need to return the modem to a Fido store within 5 days.  I went into the Fido store today (Monday) and they told me that the cancellation request didn't go through and they couldn't do a modem return.  The lady at the Fido kiosk was super helpful and called in support for me but support told her that whoever did my cancellation messed up and now they are not able to close my account at all even if I call in.

The support on the phone was able to create a support case for me but she said that it'll take maybe 30 days to resolve.  Is there anyone here that can help me or had similar issues?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot Cancel Account

Hey @kow,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to learn that there was trouble with the cancellation of your account, this is really not the kind of experience we want you to have with us!

I'll need to take a closer look at the account to see what's going on. 

PM coming your way shortly Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Solution

Re: Cannot Cancel Account

Hey @kow,

Welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to learn that there was trouble with the cancellation of your account, this is really not the kind of experience we want you to have with us!

I'll need to take a closer look at the account to see what's going on. 

PM coming your way shortly Smiley

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2