cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido app doesn't even start

huskie33
I'm a participant level 3

I had other problems with the Fido app - not logging in but at least I was able to see my data consumption , now it doesn't even go to the login part, it stays at the main window with the wheel running forever.
On the same iPhone my login works on the website FIDO.ca.
I tried to delete the app, redownloaded , restarted the iPhone
NOTHING.  I get time to time naive questions like: can you log in on Fido.ca? ðŸ˜‘

If the person "trying to help" was reading my full post/comment , she could find the answer already there.

A lot of frustration and any help

I was forced to update to the latest when the previous 3.x one was just working fine.

I have the latest iOS installed 13.3.1 and iPhone 8Plus. No other apps are giving me these issues.

Could Fido hire someone competent? 

12 REPLIES 12

Jackiblue
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

having same problem but mine goes to fido dog and doesn't do anything else 

Hey @Jackiblue!  Feel free to contact us through one of our servicing channels if you need help with your Fido MyAccount app.

goofienewfie
I'm a participant level 2

In same boat, iPhone 5 S  IOS 10.3.3. Do not work on data or wifi for several days. Uninstalled app shut down phone, reinstalled and everything else recommended in forms.  Looks like it may be time to switch providers.

Hello @huskie33 and hello @goofienewfie

To confirm with you, do you login using your email as a username or do you use your phone number?

goofienewfie

Of course i've tried both, stop reading from your reply manual and fix the app

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @goofienewfie,

I understand you are frustrated because the app is not working but you shouldn't be rude when someone is trying to help you.

huskie33

It would be nice if I could get to the login! 😆
As I wrote above, I don't get pass the first yellow window where the girl is checking her phone.

A long time ago till 4.01 ~ I was using my phone #

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @huskie33! Thanks so much for sharing your app experience with us.

The app should be working and we want to get to the bottom of this with you!

It does seem you've done most troubleshooting steps. Can you try one more thing for us though? Have you by any chance tested it on both LTE and Wi-Fi? If not, can you in order to see if this happens on both?

Once that's done, please contact us so our teams can open a technical ticket in order to get this fixed. If you prefer, we can also send you a PM through the Community. Just let us know. 

huskie33

Thanks for your reply Nick

Of course I tried, both wifi and LTE, same results.

I tried so many different scenarios: what I wonder

is the Fido server side making a mess, beside the app?

i assume that because  

3.8 was working fine

4 till 4.5 impossible to see bills but because the app was already logged in I could see at least data consumption.

4.5 on After that I'm in a black hole. Spinning wheel and not even, after deleting the app, and downloaded it again, receiving a text sent to my iPhone to confirm the account.

there are many others in my same situatio from reading around ,  Fido should take this more seriously 

instead of sending useless email from Amanda or similar. 
if you already have a toothache you don't need someone poking at it and asking if it hurts!

huskie33

If Fido didn't change anything on their side,  they should check that too though,

developers should compare the 3.8 app that was working with the  new one and see  where the errors are

i know compiling an app needs knowledge and Fido should care about that, maybe hire someone that could figure it out. If not the app is dead . At least it is for so many customers using iPhones 

PLEASE STOP forcing to UPDATE, this is why we got here.

huskie33

I downloaded the app AGAIN

then before starting it I took out my sim, started the app, that worked 😯

asked to send me a pin, reinserted the sim , asked for a second pin...didn't obviously get the first

and then everything worked.

so, it works without FIDO sim to start: Fido, you need to work on this!

huskie33

P.s. I tried to use the 3.8 and 4.01 apps that I kept on a back up but I was just reminded that I need to update it with a  newer one