Looks like I am also being plauged by the Fido app "snag bug". I am a new customer to Fido coming over from Rogers, activated my account 2 days ago.
I open the app and I get to the "Get Access Now" screen where I am asked to enter my Fido Mobile number. I enter my number and hit the "Send Me the Code" button. I get the authorization codes via SMS, enter the code and hit the button to contiune. Then I get the following prompts in order "Hmm... sorry, we've hit a snag. Please check back later.", "Session Expired, Please re-login to continue using the MyAccount app.", "Hmm... sorry, we've hit a snag. Please check back later." and then finally "Sorry, something went wrong Please try using Data Bytes later.
Below is a list of what I have done and the results
- I am able to log in to my account via fido.ca, no problem there
- I am using my email address as the user name to log in on Fido.ca
- I get the error on wifi and on celluar network
- I have uninstalled the app / restarted the phone / installed the app multiple times, still same errors
- I am using the latest verison (as of this post) of the Fido app 3.3.1 from the ios app store
- I am able at times able to log in to the app if I hit the "I dont have a fido number" button on the "Get Access Now" screen. I get the "Authentication Required, we noticed you have a fido number. Please authenticate you account" prompt. But I noticed that it will sometime loop me back to the "Get Access Now" screen before it will actually let me see my acount details.
-Yesterday I was locked out from getting authorization codes for 24 hours. Something about me trying to many times to get codes.
I have attached some screen shots below to show the error prompts I get.
Welcome to the Community!
You've indeed found a workaround we sometimes use in the meantime the issue is fixed
Thank you for all the details, it's much appreciated!
I'll send you a PM and we'll continue over there.
I have the exact problem with the Fido My Account app on iOS. It looks like the formum have had reported this issue for the last year. I am surprised that this has not been fixed. I contacted Chat line mobile support and they promised to escate this to the back-end programming department. Let's hope for a quick fix.
Welcome to the community
If a request was sent to have this looked into, you should get things resolved soon. Just to confirm, did you update your app to the latest version? If you did, did you try deleting it and installing it again?
Let us know!