I'm a Fido customer for just over a week now, home internet only. I tried the iOS app initially, but I bailed on it when I discovered it didn't cover home internet (view usage).
So I stuck to browser access. This was working last week on my iPhone 6/iOS 11/Safari (albeit lacking much polish!), up until Saturday morning. Starting Saturday AM I can't log in to My Account from my iPhone/Safari; the orange login button shows a "work in progress wheel" that never goes away, login never occurs.
Here's what I tried/what works:
Win7 latest Chrome 64 bit - works
Win7 older Firefox 32 bit - works
Win7 latest Firefox 64 bit - works
MacOS 10.11.6 latest Chrome 64 bit - works
MacOS 10.11.6 latest Firefox 64 bit - works
MacOS 10.11.6 latest Safari 11.0.3 - works
iOS 11.2.6 latest Firefox - works
iOS 11.2.6 latest Safari - DOESN'T WORK!
Nothing of significance changed on my iPhone late last week (last iOS update was weeks ago).
Everything else I need to access through a browser works on iOS/Safari (requiring login or otherwise).
Called Saturday afternoon. Called Monday morning. There was a lot of cluelessness at the other end.
And when you've managed to get this working again on iOS/Safari, you guys have a lot, and I mean A LOT, of work to do to clean up your web site. I thought the Rogers web site was bad; this is far, far worse! Here's a suggestion: try de-cluttering/simplifying the content. I don't know how many times I thought the web page I was on was ready for my input, but it was still loading/re-loading/refreshing. Very annoying!
Also, viewing my bill online is confusing. At the very top is says "account balance $0", but a little lower down the page it says I owe ~$12.76. The latter is true.
Solved! Go to Solution.
There you go. Under Settings/Safari, "clear history and website data". This clears ALL website data!.
I did omit that I'm running AdGuard and it turns out there was an update to AdGuard late Friday afternoon. Having said that, I run AdGuard on my Mac (I may or may not also run it at work on that Win7 PC).
To re-iterate, fido.ca was/is the only broken site in my universe. The correction applied above was a scorched earth policy; there was a lot of colateral damage in the process (a lot of useful history lost in the process).
After I ran this "clear", the first login was borderline textbook. On my second attempt I had to login twice in a row (the login window just came right back). I tried a half dozen logins as I am writing this (typing from Mac, logins from iPhone). NO TWO WERE ALIKE. On one attempt I was back to "infinite spinning wheel", closed window, retried, then I was OK.
My faith is not restored. You guys still have A LOT OF WORK TO DO. I'm spent. So long as the bloody DOCSIS modem works and my billing is acurate...