cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't log in - Safari on iOS

ableclerk
I'm a contributor level 1

I'm a Fido customer for just over a week now, home internet only. I tried the iOS app initially, but I bailed on it when I discovered it didn't cover home internet (view usage). 

So I stuck to browser access. This was working last week on my iPhone 6/iOS 11/Safari (albeit lacking much polish!), up until Saturday morning. Starting Saturday AM I can't log in to My Account from my iPhone/Safari; the orange login button shows a "work in progress wheel" that never goes away, login never occurs.

Here's what I tried/what works:

Win7 latest Chrome 64 bit - works

Win7 older Firefox 32 bit - works

Win7 latest Firefox 64 bit - works

MacOS 10.11.6 latest Chrome 64 bit - works

MacOS 10.11.6 latest Firefox 64 bit - works

MacOS 10.11.6 latest Safari 11.0.3 - works

iOS 11.2.6 latest Firefox - works

iOS 11.2.6 latest Safari - DOESN'T WORK!

Nothing of significance changed on my iPhone late last week (last iOS update was weeks ago).

Everything else I need to access through a browser works on iOS/Safari (requiring login or otherwise).

Called Saturday afternoon. Called Monday morning. There was a lot of cluelessness at the other end.

And when you've managed to get this working again on iOS/Safari, you guys have a lot, and I mean A LOT, of work to do to clean up your web site. I thought the Rogers web site was bad; this is far, far worse! Here's a suggestion: try de-cluttering/simplifying the content. I don't know how many times I thought the web page I was on was ready for my input, but it was still loading/re-loading/refreshing. Very annoying!

Also, viewing my bill online is confusing. At the very top is says "account balance $0", but a little lower down the page it says I owe ~$12.76. The latter is true.

8 REPLIES 8

BR56
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

I have paid my Fido bill online for many years (decades?). Recently - and all of a sudden - I am unable to access "My Account" at all. When I attempt to login in to anything related to "My Account" (also known as my bill!) all I get is the 'spinning wheel of doom". Only Fido has this problem. I can login in to my online banking, Government of Canada, airlines, universities etc. etc. etc. Only Fido is rejecting my Apple computer with Safari browser. When I finally reached ostensible tech support over the chat, they told me I need to use a different computer or a different browser. I don't want to do that since my system works fine for everything except Fido. They said they would open a "ticket"  but that was weeks ago and I haven't heard anything further. I have repeatedly requested that I now receive my monthly bill in the mail since Fido can't provide it online anymore. This has been denied. Fido just says "we don't send bills in the mail". I'm not sure that's legal, actually, but there we have it. How may I once again access the details of my monthly bill and "My Account" without following Fido's command to change my computer system??

Hi @BR56 ,

We currently do support Safari and those browsers for our website and app:

• Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Edge
  • Internet Explorer (IE) 11

If you have an ad blocker installed on your browser, we suggest you remove the extension and try again.

If this doesn't help, please contact us to follow up on your last ticket. We can also look into your billing options. 

Shapard
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I had the same problem.  It worked clearing the history!  Thanks!!

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

That is quite odd @ableclerk!

Have you tried clearing the history and cookies on the Safari app? That often helps! 

@Community, anyone else with similar issue? Or anyone with a solution? 

Let us know!

ableclerk

There you go. Under Settings/Safari, "clear history and website data". This clears ALL website data!.

I did omit that I'm running AdGuard and it turns out there was an update to AdGuard late Friday afternoon. Having said that, I run AdGuard on my Mac (I may or may not also run it at work on that Win7 PC).

To re-iterate, fido.ca was/is the only broken site in my universe. The correction applied above was a scorched earth policy; there was a lot of colateral damage in the process (a lot of useful history lost in the process).

WOW!

After I ran this "clear", the first login was borderline textbook. On my second attempt I had to login twice in a row (the login window just came right back). I tried a half dozen logins as I am writing this (typing from Mac, logins from iPhone). NO TWO WERE ALIKE. On one attempt I was back to "infinite spinning wheel", closed window, retried, then I was OK.

My faith is not restored. You guys still have A LOT OF WORK TO DO. I'm spent. So long as the bloody DOCSIS modem works and my billing is acurate...

Seriously?!?

@ableclerk

Happy to know that it finally worked out.

Keep us updated on if you still are having trouble to log in.

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @ableclerk

Welcome to the community!

Can you make sure that Safari is not on private mode when using the browser on your Iphone? This usually does the trick.

Let us know how it goes :).

ableclerk

It's not.