cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido roaming rates for USA travel

marianak
I'm a participant level 1

Here are the pay-per-use rates for the U.S.: $1.45/min on both outgoing and incoming calls $0.75/msg sent Incoming msgs are unlimited $7.99/50 MB/24 hours It’s good to know that depending on the carrier, you’re allowed between 140 & 160 characters per text after which it could be using data to send (MMS). Finally, when it comes to data, the charge applies as soon as it occurs. If you go over the 50 MB within 24 hours, you’ll receive a text and if you decide to continue using data, another $7.99 will apply for another 50 MB. Fido Roam allows you to bring your plan with you and won’t miss a thing! You’ll be able to use the talk, text and data included in your plan for the low rate of $7/24hrs in the U.S. and $12/24hrs internationally. A maximum 15 days per cycle, per zone is charged and the rest is on us! If your destination is outside the 125+ Fido Roam eligible countries, we’ve got you covered with our competitive pay-per-use rates! Consult fido.ca/fidoroam to plan your trip ahead. 

2 REPLIES 2

jinjonglee

Can I use the best plan when I traveled to the USA for 6 days?

I need only a data plan, not talking.

Is any possible plan?

Hello Jinjonglee,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, you should note that the information provided in the post to which you replied might be a little dated. What type of services to you have? If you have a newer post-paid plan, it should already include Fido Roam. With Fido Roam, you can use your data, talk, and text from your existing post-paid plan. The cost for using the service is currently $12 per day (for maximum 20 days per billing cycle). It should be mentioned that the daily fee covers each calendar day of usage until 11:59:59pm Eastern Time (ET), regardless of in which time zone you are roaming.

Unfortunately, there is no roaming data-only plan. If you did not wish to use Fido Roam, you would need to contact customer service to opt-out. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. If you do choose to opt-out of Fido Roam, your usage would be on a pay-per-use basis. You can view the current rates here. Also note that those rates are increasing as of December 8, 2022.

Additionally, it would be important to note that the US has shut-down their '3G' networks (see here). You would need to ensure your phone and plan are capable of voLTE (and roaming voLTE) if you did wish to make use of calling.

Since the US '3G' shut-down, Fido no longer offers pre-paid roaming in the US.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers