cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phone does not work

engineer33
I'm a participant level 2

I just got my new phone and have not been able to get it to work, I went to a fido kiosk and they told me to return the phone for another phone since it was dead when I got it I have never been able to turn it on

Do I just send it back to fido ? or do I have to bring it to a fido store ?

what is the policy for a new phone that does not work ?

I also see my plan has been changed to a 2 year contract that I never noticed before I did not want a contract

4 REPLIES 4

engineer33

Sorry for the late reply thank you for your help I have been sent a replacement

@engineer33 Glad that you got this sorted out. Smiley

FidoAmanda
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey engineer33!

KAPABLE-K is correct! When you upgrade your phone, you have a 15-day satisfaction guarantee, so, if your phone is defective within this period, you can exchange it completely for a replacement. 

If I understand correctly, your phone was purchased through customer service? When did you purchase your phone? 

If you're still under the satisfaction guarantee, a representative will need to help you process an exchange. There are lots of way to get in touch with us that you can check out here, or, if you prefer, we can send you a PM. 

Let us know!

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @engineer33,

Welcome to the community!

Fido offers a 15-day satisfaction guarantee if you are not satisfied with the phone or if the phone have problems and a 1-year after-sales manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase. You can get the full details here.

If you got a subsidy on the phone then you would have had to agree to a contract that's the only way you would get a subsidy/discount on the phone.

If the phone was mailed to you then you would need to contact customer service and they will process the exchange for you.

If you got it from a Fido store then you can just take it back to that store.