cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my lg gossip

lopesn91
I'm a participant level 3

heyy guys my lg gossip has been giving me nothing but problems, things on the phone will stop working and start working again and vice versa and does anyone have any tips about this ?? maybe i'm doing something wrong :-S

***Edited to add labels***

9 REPLIES 9

XV
I'm a participant level 1

I have had the same problem with my gossip. The problem started about a month after I got the phone (once the one week satisfactiontion period was over of couse) and so far, I have sent the phone in twice for service.  At first, the phone would power down (completely off) during phone calls. Then it would just power down when I wasn't even using it ( I once watched it power down while it was on the desk right in front of me). After the first service call, it happened less frequently but, as you others have said, other problems have started. I once received a text and the phone listed it as coming from a family member when I knew it had come from another person. The second service call was even worse than the first. There are two Fido stores in my city and neither are centrally located (i.e. not in the downtown core) so I have to take a 30 minute bus ride each way to drop off and pick up my phone. The second time it was sent out, I was never called and the phone sat at the store for 11 extra days while I was waiting for them to call me. Eventually, three weeks after drop off, I called and after various attempts because the store doesn't have an answering machine (how ironic for a phone company), I picked up my phone. I've been told that although my phone is faulty, it cannot be replaced or exchanged for another model until it goes for service three times.  But I'm tired of wasting my time going back and forth, receiving terrible service and not having my problems resolved. I've been with Fido for a long time but I'm very disappointed with Fido and this LG phone and I certainly won't be signing on for another contract after this.

taylorcarter

im also having problems with my lg gossip , like when im on it having a conversation it will turn off my whole phone .. just shut down .. ill have to turn the whole phone back on .. also my battery will say full .. but then my phone will shut off and say out of battery ...when its said full the whole time. 

lopesn91

i actually had the same problem now when i delete msgs off my phone it shows it as having unopened msgs and i have to rest the whole phone, help?

iSAW
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

I have the same problems with my LG Gossip. When the headset is plugged in, it will shut off during conversations at least every 5-10 minutes. I had the battery problem happen to me once in terms of it saying the battery is full and it in fact being empty. I also receive text messages and the time listed as received is sometimes a couple minutes before the actual time on the phone. All this after I already sent it in to be fixed. I just accept it for what it is.

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hello everyone,

I would suggest to first try a reset of the settings. This can be done under Settings and Reset Settings. You will require the security code to proceed. The default code is 0000.

If this does not fix the issues, I would suggest going in store to have them look into the handset with you. I they do not find a solution to your issue after trying your SIM in another phone, they will be able to send your phone in for repair via the Repair & Loaner service.

Let us know how it goes!

iSAW
I'm helpful level 2
I'm helpful level 2

I had my phone sent in via the Repair & Loaner service and the problems still exist and I have had most of the problems since then.

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi lopesn91,

Sorry to hear about that. Could you provide some more information so that we can better assist you?

What features are intermittently working? Does it happen in specific areas (network related)? Etc...

Let us know!

lopesn91
everything else works besides what i listed above

lopesn91

now my video camera on the phone shuts it off !!! help Sad