cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

likewize not starting my claim request

Rutvik
I'm a participant level 2

I have a premium device protection on my phone. And I lost my device a month ago. I reported it on fido and also called likewize to start my claim. But likewize said my device is not covered. But I can see it on my bill and on fido website. Then I called Fido and have them send my device protection contract document to likewize. To which likewize said they didn't receive anything. Then I sent them the documents from my personal email account. And it's been more than three weeks and they still haven't updated the account information. And so I cannot file a claim on a device I lost a month ago.... Every time I call likewize they tell me to call them in 2 days but the issue will still be there even after 3 weeks. This information screw up is on their side but still I have to suffer from it. Why are we buying a device protection if they are not going to do anything when it actually matters. At this point I am considering leaving Fido because of this horrible experience.

7 REPLIES 7

Jasleen123
I'm a participant level 1

True ... we are experiencing horrible service too.. though we are paying on time but not getting service on time

Hi @Jasleen123, welcome to the community, Alex here! 

I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't been having a good experience, that's definitely not what we like to hear. 

Please feel free to get in touch with us through any of the channels here, we'll be happy to help and we'll make sure that things get better from here on out. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Rutvik,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your lost device claim. Unfortunately, this forum is community-driven so we would not be able to assist with your issue. You would need to re-contact Likewize for assistance.

That said, had you upgraded your device? If you did, it's possible that device is not covered:

Your plan protects your enrolled device at the time of activation. If you change or upgrade your device, you must re-enroll in device protection. If you switch your SIM card to a different device, that device is NOT protected. ~taken from here.

In addition, in which Province do you reside? You should note that loss and theft protection is not available in Québec (see link above).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Rutvik

I haven't upgraded my device and I am in Vancouver. I am calling likewize every 2 days for the last 3 weeks but they just repeat the same thing like robot that I should call them in 2 days again to get an update. It takes half an hour to reach a representative there and still they don't resolve the issue for 3 weeks. Moreover if I am paying for my device protection without any lag than it is their responsibility to respond without any lag. If I delay/cancel the device protection for 3 weeks then they won't like it right? So, why do I wait for more than 3 weeks for them to fix their systems with my details.

shruti_verma

This is happening with me too . I hate fido so much because its been one month , whenever I call them they have different things to say . 

Hello @shruti_verma,

Welcome to the Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble getting your request started. 

What seems to be going on exactly? You're welcome to contact us using the methods shown here and we'll be more than happy to look into it with you. 

Hello again,

Thank you for the additional information. Unfortunately, we cannot speak as to how long it might take Likewize to provide an update. If you wished, you might consider re-contacting customer service to see if they can offer any additional information. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers