cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5

kjrichmond
I'm a participant level 2

Does anyone else keep getting this error when going to the reservation page?

Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons: • You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers. • You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. Thank you.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Gent

Yup. Me as well. I sent an email asking them if it processed or not. Seriously unimpressed.

Gent

Ok, here's what I know so far:
I've been trying for a few days, and keep getting all the way to the end of the process for reserving a 64Gb black iPhone 5, when it craps out and gives the following message...

Sorry, but we cannot process your request at this time. It could be due to one of the following reasons:

• You are not eligible to use the reservation system; you must have an existing wireless device and receive a monthly bill from Rogers.

• You are eligible, but we are experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later. Thank you.

I finally called and spoke to a Fido rep ("Paul"), and he told me that some accounts are having this problem. He confirmed I was eligible, documented it, told me to try again in 48 hours, and if it STILL does not work, to call them back.

The only thing he told me in an attempt to placate was their promise to credit my account with $50 if it doesn't arrive in a timely fashion (the finer details elude me, as I sort of whited-out from internal rage).

I can't believe that after all this, I still have to keep banging my head on the wall they constructed. I honestly thought that someone in Fido would apologize, fix the problem then let me know that  my phone was reserved.

If it still does not work on Wednesday, I expect them to put in some effort or I'm gone.

marxster
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I called Fido two days ago to find out about what kind of plans you can get. I'm not eligible to upgrade so I asked to buy out my contract. The girl gave me this quote:

- $71 per month

- 200 minutes

- Unlimited incoming

- Unlimited world text

- 6gig of data

- Billed by the second (as opposed to "by the minute" which they're doing on my current plan).

She gave me a confirmation number which I'm supposed to call when I pick up the phone to get that deal. 

Get this...after I had a problem with the reservation for iPhone 5, I called back, got another person on the phone who promptly told me that they're not allowed to give anyone a deal such as I was given and that they had to wait until the 21st to negotiate any deals. They then told me that the quote I was given wouldn't be valid and I'd have to re-negotiate on the 21st.

To give someone a quote and then void it is just bad business practice. I'm also getting sick and tired of being locked in for 3 years each time as we go through these BS negotiations every two years when we want a phone upgrade. 

Just a terrible experience with these companies.