cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 4 Voicemail Badge/Notification icon on Prepaid

I'm a contributor level 1

I've recently purchased a locked iPhone 4 for use with my prepaid service. All functions of the phone work without issue, except the voicemail service sends me a text message rather than placing a badge/notification on the green telephone icon. I've called customer service and notified them that I'm now using an iPhone and provided the updated IMEI, but still no luck. Is there any way to get the badge/icon to appear in lieu of a text message?

EDIT: My micro sim was purchased in August 2012 - so it should be the most recent version.

2 REPLIES 2

nick67
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

Hey there 2012, I asked the same question to one of Fido's moderators on the forum when I first added voicemail to my iPhone. Here was her answer:

"If you have the regular voicemail with an iPhone, you would only get the text message and the red dot would not show / would always show with no number in it.

You require the Visual Voicemail for iPhone in order for it to work properly."

The included voicemail with Prepaid accounts refers to "regular voicemail" which requires you to call the voicemail retrieval number to listen to your messages. Personally, I just added the voicemail text message number to my Contacts and put some Emoji icons in the contact name to easily distinguish voicemails from other text messages. Hope this helps Smiley

Thanks for clarifying and great idea with the emoji icons! Cheers!