Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage: how to send as SMS

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Hello,

I understand that there is a way to have Apple's iMessage sent as text messages when iMessage fails to deliver. Can some one explain to me where to turn this one?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2
Thanks Wink

SilvanoRosauri
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1
Hi I have a quick question Smiley I have a iPhone and I wanted to know if I pay if I send pics threw I messaging I know that my friend doesn't so I just wanted to know if I do to I'm with the 60dollar max plan

You will not be charged against MMS if your sending pictures via iMessage. It's critical to note that if your iMessage fails to send and sends via an MMS, you will be charged against it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________
iPhone 5 - White 16 GB

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey 10yearfido!

If you send a text message using iMessage and it fails, your phone will automatically send it as a regular text message through the network.

I hope this answers your question!

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

I was told that has to be enabled (or can be disabled). Can you answer how that is done?

Hi again!

You can indeed enable or disable the "automatically send as a text message" feature by going under Settings - Messages and sliding Send as SMS off.