cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i cant send emails from my new iphone5s

bigdumdummy
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

i had an iphone3gs and recently upgraded to an iphone 5s and i cannot send out emails.something about the outgoing mail server connection failed "smtp.live.com". ive looked in the settings and it says if one server does notwork it automatically tries others but thats not happening either i guess. the settings appear to be the same as on the old phone and it sent emails fine

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@bigdumdummy wrote:

i had an iphone3gs and recently upgraded to an iphone 5s and i cannot send out emails.something about the outgoing mail server connection failed "smtp.live.com". ive looked in the settings and it says if one server does notwork it automatically tries others but thats not happening either i guess. the settings appear to be the same as on the old phone and it sent emails fine

Hey bigdumdummy!

I know this post is kind of old but I thought I would provide some information in case anyone else were to come across this and is experiencing the same issue. 

Fido's outgoing mail server is gprs.fido.ca. in order to correct any issues with sending email, you can turn off the primary smtp server set up for your email, smtp.live.com, and turn on or add Fido's outgoing mail server. 

Hope this helps!

Roskov
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

I'm not that familiar with iPhones, but if you go into the email, can you find something called ''System Preferences'' then go to > Network Settings.

I guess its located somewhere in the settings.

If you can find that I may be able to fix the problem.

Let me know