cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

huawei

howie2
I'm a participant level 2

Huawei worst phone choice ever- Fido canceled my service to my LG phone Jan 2018. Store said Huawei was the least expensive and I had to sign up for 2 years with this equipment. I cannot delete text messages from spam services, from anyone not in my contact list and even those in contact list. Sometimes I can "erase trace" which means the whole thread get deleted. Could not get the app to transfer my text messages (so easy when I had my LG phone) to my laptop to save what needs to be saved and delete the transitory text messages.. The text messages I send are in a green balloon. I have colour blindness with green so I cannot read what I sent. Huawei never returned my emails or phone calls to it . Anyone got any suggestions regarding the above?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoValeska
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @howie2

Thanks for posting Smiley 

I'm sad to learn that your experiencing difficulties with your Huawei phone. 

I did some research and this is what I was able to find. 

To erase text messages from your phone, you would simply need to follow these steps: 

1. Tap the Message+ icon . If not available, navigate: Apps > Message+.
  2. Select a conversation.
  3. Touch and hold a message.
  4. Tap Delete Messages.
  5. Select additional messages if desired. Message is selected if a check mark is present.
  6. Tap Delete (upper-right).
  7. Tap Delete to confirm.

In regards to transferring the text messages from the phone to the computer, you can try third party apps to assist you with that process

For the text message bubbles, you can definitely change the colors. 

To do so, you would need to choose "Settings," and select the "Advanced" tab. Touch "Appearance Settings," and then select "Conversation Customization" from the conversation section. Select "Incoming Background Color" or "Outgoing Background Color" to change bubble colors.

Let me know if that helps! 

howie2

No, these do not work. Neither does the suggestion that I go to the Advanced settings to get rid of the green balloons - I don't have such a thing on my Huawei as the Appearance settings : (

I cannot wait to get rid of this piece of **bleep**

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Personally I find Huawei devices to be top notch. Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with yours

Hey @howie2

It's unfortunate that you are still having difficulties using the messaging features of your phone. Can you clarify what happens exactly when you try the instructions my colleague provided for deleting the messages? 

You mentioned that Huawei never returned any of your emails or phone calls. Can you confirm if you've been reaching out to them at this number here, 1-888-548-2934?

Can you also please clarify which Huawei model you're using exactly?