cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

freedom mobile to fido number

brian-franco
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I want to upgrade my iphone but I'm finding better deals at freedom, I was wondering if I get a freedom phone can I use my fido sim with that phone?

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Brian-franco,

Welcome to the community!

As previously mentioned, you should be able to use devices from other providers or retailers as long as they are compatible with the networks. Generally, devices from other Canadian providers should not have any issue as they tend to be the same model version.

With regards to better deals from Freedom, most of those deals would be incumbent on a contract with them for 2 years. Are you intending on returning to Fido after that two year interval?

In addition, you would need to ensure you're comparing similar options. As far as I can tell, many of Freedom's advertised offerings are with their Trade-Up program. That is, like some other provider's programs (ie Upfront Edge, Bring It Back, Device Return, etc), it is more similar to a lease. At the end of the contract term, you will be required to return the device or pay the balance to keep it.

On the other hand, Fido does not offer any lease-type options. Their Payment Program spreads the device cost over the 2 years (24 months). At the end of the term, there is no additional amount required to keep the device. While some people might prefer a lease-type option, if you do the math, you may find that the total cost for the device might actually be quite similar.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @brian-franco,

Welcome to the community!

You can use your Fido SIM in any compatible phone as long as it has the required bands/frequencies for the Fido network, see here for what is required for the Fido network.