Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fido nulled my warranty

damtired
I'm a participant level 2

Bullet point story

*phone stopped charging (a70)

*took phone to fido, was not worried as it was well within the first year of owning the samsung phone

*fido instructed me to take phone to local repair shop and send the receipt to samsung (which i later learn, she should NOT have told me that)

*local repair shop tried multiple times to fix the charging issue, after 2ish months and many many charging ports later, they gave up and told me to go back to fido

*went back to fido and they sent my phone in to samsung(?) for repair (which should have been done first time)

*The warranty repair (assuming samsung) told me that because the phone was worked on, it is no longer covered by warranty

*Went back to fido and now have the offer of a $200 bill credit towards the $350 i still have outstanding on the phone...and then they would skip the $45 setup fee to get me on an a71...

So basically Fido nulled my samsung warranty and I have to pay them to sign me up for another contract.

Their offer almost seems illegal, at the very least immoral.

What can I do here?

2 REPLIES 2

damtired

Update:

The local store manager flexed his muscles and will be supplying a new phone. It started off rocky but thankfully he was able to find a resolution that makes sense.

Hey @damtired

Welcome abord the Community!

We're glad to know that the store was able to help your out after all. If there's anything else you need help with, feel free to reach out to us through these channels.