Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brighstar is a full scam

dom76
I'm a participant level 2

bought this insurence with a promise of a 2h repair in case my phone had issue

fee is 75$

a month later and my phone still broken cause they dont have the parts...then i received an email saying that the claim been expire...

then brightstar called me and asked for another 75$ to reopen the case saying i been refund

no refund been made in my account

still have a broken phone

what a bunch of crooks

never again

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPhilippe

Hey @dom76! I'm sad to read about your experience with Brightstar. I'll be happy to see what I can do for you. Smiley

Can you tell me if they offered you alternatives to repair and, if yes, what were they?

Did they offer to refund the amount after they found out that they didn't have the parts or did they give you the option of waiting?

Let us know.

dom76

no solution been offered

Only to wait until the next week, then the next week

Still have a broken phone a month and a half later

This is not what i suscribed for

pure scam

Hello Dom76,

Welcome to the community!

I understand it's frustrating having to wait for your phone to get repaired. With whom did you purchase the device protection? With Fido's Brightstar protection, I do not see any promise of a 2 hour repair (see here). In addition, I do not see any repair processing fees for what you charged. Did you include taxes when you quoted the $75?

If the repair shop doesn't have the parts necessary for repair, have you considered mailing in your device to get repaired? It is one of the fulfillment options. 

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers