I would suggest to restore your handset as new and try to install the applications back into your phone.
From the phone:
1. On the Home screen or in a
folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Security Options.
3. Click Security Wipe.
4. Perform any of the following actions:
• To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check box.
• To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
• To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
5. Type blackberry.
6. Click Wipe.
From the computer:
sure you have the
latest version of BlackBerry
installed and running and
internet connection before
To download the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager:
- On your computer go to the website by clicking here.
- Under "Downloads" (Middle-right of the page), click on "Downloads for BlackBerry Desktop Software".
- From the drop-down menu, select the latest version of "BlackBerry Desktop Software" for your operating system and press "Next".
- Fill the necessary personal info and click "Next", read and then click on "Agree" for the Service Agreement and click on Download.
- Once done, install the software.
Does anyone from the community have experienced this before and might have found another solution?
Let us know how it goes!