blackout blackberry

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

blackout blackberry

how can i bring back all of apps to my blackberry curve 8520?co"z it's all gone n i cant useit  ryt now n totally black out,do i nid to reformat?or to reboot it n how?...

***Edited to add labels***

Accepted Solution

Re: blackout blackberry

Hello mandostar1524,

I would suggest to restore your handset as new and try to install the applications back into your phone.

From the phone:

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Security Options.
3. Click Security Wipe.
4. Perform any of the following actions:
    • To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check box.
    • To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
    • To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
5. Type blackberry.
6. Click Wipe.

From the computer:

Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and running and a working internet connection before attempting to restore.

To download the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager:

- On your computer go to the website by clicking here.

- Under "Downloads" (Middle-right of the page), click on "Downloads for BlackBerry Desktop Software".
- From the drop-down menu, select the latest version of "BlackBerry Desktop Software" for your operating system and press "Next".

- Fill the necessary personal info and click "Next", read and then click on "Agree" for the Service Agreement and click on Download.

- Once done, install the software.

Does anyone from the community have experienced this before and might have found another solution?

Let us know how it goes!

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Solution

Re: blackout blackberry

Hello mandostar1524,

I would suggest to restore your handset as new and try to install the applications back into your phone.

From the phone:

1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options icon.
2. Click Security Options.
3. Click Security Wipe.
4. Perform any of the following actions:
    • To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check box.
    • To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
    • To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
5. Type blackberry.
6. Click Wipe.

From the computer:

Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and running and a working internet connection before attempting to restore.

To download the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager:

- On your computer go to the website by clicking here.

- Under "Downloads" (Middle-right of the page), click on "Downloads for BlackBerry Desktop Software".
- From the drop-down menu, select the latest version of "BlackBerry Desktop Software" for your operating system and press "Next".

- Fill the necessary personal info and click "Next", read and then click on "Agree" for the Service Agreement and click on Download.

- Once done, install the software.

Does anyone from the community have experienced this before and might have found another solution?

Let us know how it goes!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2