Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello, Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses: GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz). To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more of the f...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 50 replies
  • 22 likes

How to prepare to Download the new Update

The new Nougat update is going to be available for some phones and devices shortly. Monday is spring, and the Galaxy S7 will be receiving the Update from Fido. People have been updating their Galaxy phones to Nougat for a few weeks now, and some kind...

Eatingtime by I'm a Contributor Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 3 likes

Resolved! Huawei GR5 vs LG Stylo Plus 2

Hi y'all, My wife's contract ends next month and for her next phone I'm considering either the Huawei GR5 or the LG Stylo 2 Plus. Some questions about the GR5: - The Fido site shows that Android 5.1 is loaded onto the GR5. But I've seen other sites t...

gmg74 by I'm a Contributor Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Resolved! Getting duplicate text messages

For a long time (over a year), I've had an issue where I am getting duplicate text messages from my wife, who is in circle-calling with me. The duplicates appear immediatelly, or sometimes within a minute. I've seen upto 3 duplicates at the same time...

SlavD by I'm a Contributor Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes