Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello, Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses: GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz). To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more of the f...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 50 replies
  • 22 likes

LG G5 QuickMemo keeps opening itself

I just got an LG G5 recently and it's great, but the QuickMemo+ app keeps opening itself, almost constantly. If I'm texting, using an app, even just waking the phone up to check the time it can pop up, and it even does it when the phone is just at th...

MattyW by I'm a Participant Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Wifi repeater

When I'm travelling in Mexico and it's paid WIFI often you pay per device. My Samsung galaxy S5 phone is apparently configurable to allow it to connect to WIFI and then become a wifi repeater so I can connect a second or 3rd device to it. I have read...

Chris-D by I'm a Contributor Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! S7 Nougat update - mobile hotspot toggle gone?

Hey, Just wondering, is anyone else missing the Mobile Hotspot quick toggle after updating their phones to Nougat? Mine is gone - it doesn't show on either of the two toggle pages, and when I go "Edit" to see the full list of toggles available, inclu...

heytommy by I'm a Participant Level 2
  • 13 replies
  • 2 likes

Resolved! Price discrepancy Google Pixel

At Costco today and noticed the Pixel is $300 cheaper for Rogers and Bell then with Fido. I checked out their plans and similar pricing to Fido so why the huge difference? Same applied To IPhones and Galaxy phones as well just not as obscene. ***Edit...

Proac by I'm Qualified Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes