Phones and Devices
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Resolved! Will my phone work on the Fido network?

Hello,   Your device must be compatible with the Fido/Rogers network, which uses:   GSM ~ EDGE (2G) ~ on band 5 (850MHz). UMTS or WCDMA ~ HSPA (3G) / HSPA+ (4G) ~ on band 5 (850 MHz).   To access LTE, the device must be compatible with one or more o...

Cawtau by Senior MVP
  • 63 replies
  • 22 likes

Resolved! LTE bands 2 out of 4

Hi. I am planning on buying a phone (NOKIA x6) It seems like the only bands that will work with FIDO LTE are 2100 and 2600.  I am missing 700 and 1700 on the phone.  Do I need all 4 bands to make it work?  Or can I work with just 2 bands?I also read ...

joshbautista by I'm a participant level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! FM radio

I know this has been discussed before but... I was looking around the fido store today and took a quick look at the Moto E5 Play. It had an app for FM radio and said to plug the headphones in. This leads me to believe the FM chip is enabled in this p...

james6161 by I'm a participant level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Internet and MMS APN settings

Hi, Tap on Settings → Wireless & Networks → Mobile Networks → Access Point Names;Once on the APN screen, press the Options button;Tap on New APN;Enter a name into the APN Name field.I would like to know about "number 4. Enter a name?"What should I ne...

Daniel26 by I'm a participant level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes