cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia U periodically losing mobile data connection

netboysteve
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Hi, I've owned my Xperia U locked to Fido for over a year and been quite happy with it.  Very recently, in the last couple months, I have noticed that the phone will lose the mobile data connection.  I only notice this when running an app (Facebook, Gmail, Browser) that needs an Internet connection, it will then report No Data Connection.  However, everything looks fine from the phone's side: the mobile data indicator is on, I have strong signal etc.  The only way around this is to reboot the phone, which is very annoying.  This never ever happened until recently.  I am using a custom Launcher (Launcher 8), I could try switching back to stock launcher but don't see why that would make difference.  I am using 2x battery to manage battery life which disconnects and reconnects mobile data connection when screen is off/on but... I've been using it for several months with no problems.   However, I will listen to Fido counsel on this!  I am very pleased with the phone otherwise, it's one of the only 4.0 phones with a small form factor, which I like.  Really want to fix this as... have no idea that data is 'gone' when it happens and then don't receive emails, etc. 

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey netboysteve!

There are multiple factors that could cause such an issue. I would suggest trying to reset the phone to its factory settings (very important to backup first!). If this is caused by any phone content, the issue would be resolved by doing the reset.

I would also suggest, if you have access to another Fido phone, that you insert your SIM card in another device for a day to see if the issue follows you from a device to another. If it does, there would be something wrong with the SIM card or your services. If it does not, then, the phone would be the issue.

If you believe, after the reset, that the issue is with the Fido services, I invite you to call us at 1-888-481-3436 from a phone other than your Fido in order to escalate the matter with our network support team.

Should you believe that the issue lies with the device itself, I would suggest that you go to a Fido store to benefit from the Repair and Loaner program.

A representative will be able to look into it with you and if needed, he will also be able to send your phone in for repair.

To find the nearest store from you which offers this service, please click on the following link:

http://www.fido.ca/storelocator

Please make sure that you click on the check box next to Repair and Loaner service in order to only find the stores which offer it.

Let us know how it goes!