cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

StayCurious
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi there, the call function on my phone is working only half way, so I have decided to get another one.  I need to know if my new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 SKU 294495557_SGAMZ-1298504644 will be supported by Fido. Please let me now ASAP as the order will be delivered to Singapore from the 15th to 17th.  My sister who is going to receive the order will not come until February 11th and there is only 7 days to return the order.

Thank you very much and have a nice day,

Benny.

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello StayCurious,

Welcome to the community!

The only place I have been able to find that SKU is here. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find any connectivity specifications for that phone on their website. That said, they do claim it is the Global version of the Redmi Note 8. Assuming it is the same version as listed on the Mi Global Home website, these could be the specifications for the phone:

4G:
LTE FDD: B1/2/3/4/5/7/8/20
LTE TDD: B38/40

3G: WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8

2G: GSM: B2/3/5/8

According to those specifications, that version has all of the compatible bands/frequencies for 2G and '3G'. With regards to LTE, that phone would only have two compatible bands/frequencies. You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here. While the phone should work on the LTE networks, you should note that coverage depends, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of your cellular towers here. You should also note that the different frequencies vary in their characteristics. Lower frequencies (ie 700MHz or band 12) would be better able to travel farther and penetrate deeper into buildings than higher frequencies (see graphic here). That phone would not have that particular band/frequency.

It is important to note that those specifications may not be the actual specifications of the version in which you're interested. Other versions of the phone may have different specifications which might not have compatible bands/frequencies. For example, these specifications here and here do not list any compatible LTE bands/frequencies.

**edit** You should also note that certain functionality (ie voLTE and/or Wifi-calling) won't likely work with that phone since it has not been tested on the networks**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers