cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will fido launch wifi calling on iCould-connected devices?

Jeagerjaques
I'm a participant level 3

As Apple said"If your carrier supports Wi-Fi Calling on iCloud-connected devices, you can also make and receive Wi-Fi calls on other devices. You can use Wi-Fi Calling on these devices, even if your iPhone isn't on the same Wi-Fi Network or turned on:

• iPad or iPod touch with iOS 9 or later
  • Apple Watch with watchOS 2 or later
  • Mac (2012 or later model) with OS X El Capitan".

Will fido launch this function in the short future?  As I know, some carrier in the USA like T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint has launch it already. 

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@Jeagerjaques At this time no one knows you will just have to keep checking back for updates. 

Jeagerjaques

Yeah, for sure, I just want to give an idea to Fido. Hope they could provide us more convenient life Smiley 

Anonymous
Not applicable

so its a different feature than the one they have now for iphones/ipads? but it accomplishes the same thing? except it works on any wifi network not just your home? pretty neat

Jeagerjaques

Yes, it's kind of enhanced solution for wifi calling. I don't know how it works, but they make it work already. Here is the reference. 

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT203032

Anonymous
Not applicable

not sure what this means but when my wife gets a call on her Cellphone and its connected to the Wi-Fi, her iPad also rings and she can answer the call on that device, though in speakerphone mode cus there is no ear piece but its pretty nifty.  Her phone is with Rogers, which is Fido's parent company, and if that means any thing, then its a good sign that if this feature is not already here than this feature might come to Fido some time real soon? 

Jeagerjaques

that is another funcion "allow calls from your iphone when your phone and other apple device in the same wifi network". The wifi calling on iCloud-connected device allows you to answer your phone in the different wifi network when your iphone is not nearby. For example, if i forget my phone home, i can still answer my phone call at work place on my Macbook. Thanks for giving me the answer Smiley