Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi won't connect

KayleeB
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

So I come home from work as usual and switch my wifi on ; only this time my

LTE won't go away and it says I'm connected to wifi (have check mark on left) but still have this lock symbol... Does that mean anything?

ive also "forgotten" my wifi info and signed in again with no problems but the LTE not going away.

dont want to waste all my data. Any suggestions help !! 

***Edited to change title***

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@KayleeB wrote:

So I come home from work as usual and switch my wifi on ; only this time my

LTE won't go away and it says I'm connected to wifi (have check mark on left) but still have this lock symbol... Does that mean anything?

Hello KayleeB,

Welcome to the community!

The little lock symbol on the Wifi usually means that you're connected to a secure Wifi connection that needs additional login information. For instance, with some public or hotel Wifi networks, you enter the password to connect to their Wifi, but you also have to accept their terms and conditions or enter your room number, etc. on a separate login before you can access the internet. Connecting to their network will give you the little lock symbol; entering the additional information will remove the lock symbol and gain you access to the internet.

When you signed in again, did you also get the little lock symbol? Have you verified that your phone has not connected to a different Wifi network? Are you having similar troubles with other devices? Is it possible that your home internet Wifi needs to be reset?

Have you tried to disable Cellular data as FidoFaiza suggested above? Are you able to connect to the internet?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoFaiza

Hi @KayleeB!

Welcome to Community!

You can try turning the Cellular Data off to make sure the data usage is restricted to wifi only. 

I hope this helps Smiley