cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi calling on Note 9

NozMaximus
I'm a contributor level 1

I bought a Note 9 from Samsung a month ago and have been trying to get Wifi Calling to work, but to no avail.  Doesn't look like the Note 9 is listed on Fido's site on list of Samsung devices supporting Wifi Calling.  And at Step 3 "Click here to regiter for Wi-Fi Calling or to update your existing Emergency Address", it takes me a page indicating my device is not supported.

This device is 3 months old now, when should I expect this to be an officially supported device?

25 REPLIES 25

NozMaximus

So I guess the real question is, does anyone with a Note 9 have Wifi Calling working on the Fido Network, even if it was purchased through FIDO?

Also, my IMS registration status shows as "Not registered".  Anyone with a Note 9 have the IMS register on the network properly?

@NozMaximus wrote:

So I guess the real question is, does anyone with a Note 9 have Wifi Calling working on the Fido Network, even if it was purchased through FIDO?

Also, my IMS registration status shows as "Not registered".  Anyone with a Note 9 have the IMS register on the network properly?

IMS services is what gives you VoLTE and Wifi calling. That's the reason you don't have them, that's why it says not registered. I have the same problem on my S9. They keep saying you have to purchase the phone through Fido which makes no sense. 

As a test, try this: take your SIM, put it in a phone that used to have these services working (purchased through Fido I guess) leave it in there until the services work on that other phone and even register wifi calling. Take your SIM back and put it in your Note 9, voilà! Your phone should say Registered now, but only until the network deprovisions it again not long after...

Hello,

@danthemanx wrote:...They keep saying you have to purchase the phone through Fido which makes no sense....

They say they can't guarantee that a phone not purchased from Fido will work with those services. As NozMaximus noted in his previous post, his wife's S7 was purchased the exact same way (presumably also from Samsung) and is working fine with Wifi-calling and voLTE.

Cheers

NozMaximus

My wife has an S7 we purchased last year the exact same way, and its working fine with Wifi Calling and VoLTE.

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @NozMaximus,

Even if the phone was on the supported list it still would not. In order to have features like WiFi calling and VoLTE to work the phone needs to be purchased directly from Fido.