Wifi calling charges

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1
I'm a Participant Level 1

Wifi calling charges

Hello, 

I would like to receive confirmation for two things 

1. if I use wifi calling while in Canada to call a phone number abroad I will be charged. Yes/No

2. if I use wifi calling while outside Canada to call any number I will be charged. Yes/No

Thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: Wifi calling charges

Hello Briwitzel,

Welcome to the community!

@briwitzel wrote:

1. if I use wifi calling while in Canada to call a phone number abroad I will be charged. ...

Making calls to non-Canadian phone numbers with Wifi-calling will be the same as if you made the same calls using your cellular plan. If you do not have any International calling or add-on, you will be charged long-distance for those calls.

@briwitzel wrote:

2. if I use wifi calling while outside Canada to call any number I will be charged. ..

While outside of Canada, making calls to Canadian phone numbers will not incur long-distance or roaming charges. However, making calls to non-Canadian phone numbers will be treated the same as using a mobile network. Roaming and long-distance charges would apply depending on your situation (ie Fido Roam or Pay-Per-Use).

You can find additional information regarding Wifi-calling here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 2
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP
Solution

Re: Wifi calling charges

Hello Briwitzel,

Welcome to the community!

@briwitzel wrote:

1. if I use wifi calling while in Canada to call a phone number abroad I will be charged. ...

Making calls to non-Canadian phone numbers with Wifi-calling will be the same as if you made the same calls using your cellular plan. If you do not have any International calling or add-on, you will be charged long-distance for those calls.

@briwitzel wrote:

2. if I use wifi calling while outside Canada to call any number I will be charged. ..

While outside of Canada, making calls to Canadian phone numbers will not incur long-distance or roaming charges. However, making calls to non-Canadian phone numbers will be treated the same as using a mobile network. Roaming and long-distance charges would apply depending on your situation (ie Fido Roam or Pay-Per-Use).

You can find additional information regarding Wifi-calling here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 2 of 2