cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the LG G7 Thinq update

Rob-K
I'm a participant level 2

The latest security update for the LG G7 Thinq was supposed to be released on Feb 19th but when I try to update it says there is no update available. What's up with that?

8 REPLIES 8

jgreerj6
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

According to Lg Canada, security updates are not the same as major updates and the final OTA comes from the carrier(after all approvals), so what's the deal Fido??

Hey @jgreerj6! I hope you're doing well. Smiley

Did you get the chance to check-out the link KAPABLE-K sent about how the updates get to your phone? Although it does come from the manufacturer, carriers like us are involved in the process and there can be some delays at times. Rest assured though, that you will get the update and we're looking into it.

Windrunner
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Finally got the update on my LG G7 ThinQ this morning, March 4th. Better late than never I guess. Hopefully Android 10 by end of 2020.

FidoAnthonyZ

Hello @Rob-K,

Welcome to the community!

The security updates are progressively released from the day mentioned. Not all devices get it on that particular day. 

Hope this answers your question. 

Rob-K

How long does it take to push out updates to all devices? A week? 2 weeks? 1 month? If the update was released on the 19th I shoudn't still be waiting for it on the 24th. That is unacceptable when it contains important security fixes that are being actively exploited. The OS update schedule clearly states that it should have been available 5 days ago therefore the OS update schedule can't be taken as being accurate.

Hello @Rob-K,

it should have been available 5 days ago therefore the OS update schedule can't be taken as being accurate.

That's why they have the disclaimer at the bottom.

OS Upgrade Disclamier.jpg

You should also note the updates come directly from the manufacturer, not Fido. 

See here for how software updates get to your phone.

Professorbondo

I'm here to ask the same question about the G7 One.

OS update schedule page says February SMR was released on the 21st.  I've been manually checking a few times a day. Restarted phone. Cleared play services cache. Etc.

Nothing.

Rob-K

Obviously the OS update page can't be trusted.