cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI calling registration : I get an error when entering 911 address. Galaxy S7

sgamache
I'm a participant level 3

So I'm trying to get wifi calling on my phone to work. I can get through all the steps until it's time to register the 911 address. It keeps giving me and error :

Failed to validate address : DELIVERY MODE ERR: RCIS_ERR

What is this and how do I get passed it

***Edited to add labels***

10 REPLIES 10

Anish123
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I also get same problem

Hello Anish123,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having troubles enabling Wifi-calling on your device. Firstly, is your device supported for Wifi-calling on Fido?

If your device is supported and you're still having issues, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

NicolasJ
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Same thing has been happening to me, but yet I still have wi-fi calling activated & working, pretty strange & weird

Hey sgamache!

Welcome to the Community!

Once you enter your address register it for 911 emergency service, does it bring up two versions of your emergency address for you to choose from? One version will be your address exactly as you just entered it, and the other is a Canada Post-recommended version of your address.

Let us know.

sgamache
I put it in and it just refreshes the same page with the error message on the top.

@sgamache Can you search for the Canada Post version of your address and try entering that when you do the set-up?

sgamache

still doesn't work. 

@sgamache That's definitely odd. I'll send you a PM so we can take a look at your account. Smiley

Talk to you soon!

sgamache

still waiting for that PM

Sorry about that @sgamache! I had written it but it didn't send. 

I've sent it now. Smiley