cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volte on LG G6

Lorenzo1000
I'm a contributor level 2

Does Volte work on the LG G6?  I am in winnipeg and I am having issues with calls with Volte enabled on my G6.

*** Edited to add labels ***

7 REPLIES 7

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hi @Lorenzo1000 the LG G6 does support VoLTE but in order for it to work the other person needs to have a VoLTE compatible phone and the feature enable.

Edit: If you have any data blocking the VoLTE will not work.

Lorenzo1000
I don't have data blocking. With volte enabled will the phone complete calls to a landline? Shouldn't the phone just revert to regular calling automatically when trying to call a phone without volte or a landline without having to disable volte in the G6 settings?

@Lorenzo1000 with VoLTE enabled you can still make calls to landlines and other non compatible VoLTE cell phones, the call will go through as a traditional call so you do not need to disable VoLTE.

Did you get your G6 from Fido? If it's a non-Fido device there is no guarantee it will work because the system will recognise your phone as a non-Fido device.

If you are on the Fido extended network VoLTE will not work.

If you are on HSPA or Edge VoLTE will not work you phone needs to be on the Fido LTE network to work.

You can get more info here and here.

Lorenzo1000
It is a Fido phone. Would it matter if I was at home on WiFi?

Lorenzo1000

When I try to call with VOLTE enabled I get a message saying "unfortunately we can not complete your call as dialed."  A message then pops up on my screen saying " Your number is not supported to make a call. Please contact customer service"

Is there an issue with a setting on my account?  I am on a pulse 35 plan here in MB. Surely this shouldn't be happening.  Can a mod please check into this and tell me what's wrong?

Lorenzo1000

I have just been told by Fido over the chat line that there is a known issue with the LG G6 in Manitoba (works in the other provinces apparently)and Volte does not work here on any provider.  No timeline for the fix. Thanks Fido for taking a pile of cash from me for a phone that won't work correctly on your network with no known timeline for a fix.

Hey @Lorenzo1000,

It looks like you already tried everything on your side.

Please reach out to us on these channels and we'll be happy to look into it Smiley